Use template or module from 1.6 in 1.5 prestashop store

sitte

Hello. I'm trying to use default theme form 1.6 in 1.5 prestashop store and have one kind of errors -  like this:

Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template ...  on line ... unknown tag addJsDef or addJsDefL

From what I see form errors - modules and templates for 1.6 prestashop uses addJsDef and addJsDefL functions to load js files (I think) in top and bottom of the page. Prestashop 1.5 has no such functions so if I use module or template designed for prestashop 1.6 I get many errors like this.

Is there any alternative for addJsDef and addJsDefL in prestashop 1.5?

Or maybe any one knows how to add addJsDef and addJsDefL to prestashop 1.5? Is it possible or after this I will get many other problems?

I found definitions of "addJsDef" and "addJsDefL" in classes\Media.php and config\smarty.config.inc.php of presta 1.6 and tranfered it to files in prestashop 1.5 but I still got the same errors. Can any one help with this?

I appreciate an help:)

Best regards

Barto

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hit the same problem when implementing Responsive theme Buyshop on a 1.5.6.2 shop.

[CUT]Spoke to soon[/CUT]

Seems the registerfunction call in smartyconfig.inc.php does not really register the new defined functions created in the changed Media.php class file/override.

Any idea how to activate this Media functions?

Regards

Lorenzo