Big dilemma

I'm finalizing my 1.5.6.1 installation on localhost and I'm about one month away from putting it online (multishop installation with 3 shops).

Now that 1.6 version is "on the market" I'm in doubt if it's better to upgrade before going online or wait a little more.

I already bought 3 custom templates and a few extra modules that I'm not sure they'll properly work on 1.6, Since I don't want to spend extra money to buy 3 more themes and additional modules to fit the 1.6 version to my needs, I'm thinking to leave everything as is.

On the other end, it'll be easier to set up 1.6 now that I'm working locally instead that messing up a working shop later.

The product database is almost complete and, for what I understand, I'll be able to import it into 1.6 without big efforts.

So, the question is: do I upgrade now or later (or never)?

The 1.6 still have some bugs... if you are starting your shop from a fresh installation i recommend you the 1.6 but do not upgrade from 1.5. Many users are unhappy with the upgrade but are very soddisfied (like me ) with the 1.6 version.