MESS with autoupgrade from 1.5.x to 1.6.0.5. Now rollback didn't work completely

Chicco

I've done the autoupgrade process. Version of module 1.3.0.1

The upgrade didn't work, i can't see icons (i see only numbers or code like FC01 or E010 instead of images) in frontoffic but expecially in backoffice.

In backoffice i can't access subcategories in menu so i can't administrate...

A done a rollback, but my themes isn't like the old one (i've a double backup) and i cannot return to previous situation...

it's a nightmare!

any solution?

any ideas, also to make the upgrade correctly?

I've more than 100.000 products and hundreds of customers. Backoffice now work, but not front office. I can't reget the old site. Is a damage.

Do you think if i buy a theme this could work.

For 1.6.0.5 it's a boostrap problem?

Thank you

Hello Chicco,

Sorry to hear about your problem.  If you've done a backup, you should be able to simply re-load the backup and import the database so that you're back to the old version.  You can always download a specific version of PrestaShop from their home page if you need to get the core files.  If you have a complete backup, you should have complete copy of  your PrestasShop website files and a copy of your database.  And as a last resort, you may also want to check with your web host for a backup  - some hosts do backup everything for you.

In getting back to the 1.6 version, I'm not sure why it's not working for you without getting more details (such as a URL) on your site.  Are you working in a specific language, do you have additional modules loaded?  Do you have a custom theme?  In your case, since you have quite a few products loaded, I would run a test on a test 1.6 install by loading the same modules and theme from your 1.5 version and see if it works.  This may help you narrow down what's causing your problem.

Check out PrestaShop's checklist for upgrading  - it's a good guide on how to avoid these kinds of problems.  

We also have our own guide on upgrading if you're interested in checking it out.  If you need further assistance, please give a little more detail about your installation and we would happy to investigate the problem.

Kindest regards,

Arnel C.

Edited by arncus (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you for your quick anwser, i make the rollback and the site is actually working but i can't see the icons.

It's a strange fact.

the fact is that is that i've completely followed the checklist and from scratch 1.6 works seamlessy.

So i'm stuck