Cannot create a sub (child) category

Hello,

I have upgraded from 1.5.6.2 to 1.6 on my not-yet-live site. Most seems fine, except I cannot create a child category. When I click save, it creates a root category.

I accidentally rolled back to 1.5.6.0, and then re-installed 1.6.0.5, and I was then able to select the parent category.

I then imported my backup database, as it has quite a few new products in, now being able to select the parent category has disappeared again.

Screenshot

Any help appreciated!

Alastair

• 1 month later...

We've raised the same issue in a separate topic.  We have upgraded to 1.6(0.5) and the category tree does not display when we want to create a new category.  

We can only create a root category and not a new category or child.  

Also, downloading the existing categories and uploading a new category tree does not work.  

We still have not found a solution and this starts impacting our sales as we have uploaded new products but are unable to show then in a NEW category in the menu, or add them them as a child to existing menus (see www.flemishlinen.com.  PrestaShop replied they are aware of the problem but so far we haven't seen a solution. Please help. Thanks Flemish Linen

• 4 months later...

Cannot create categories.
Upgraded to 1.6.0.9, cannot create categories or sub-categories.
Nleft and nright fields have ZERO values.
Have copied the admin folder and overwritten my admin folder, but still no luck.

Lots of products in my shop and cannot afford to do a fresh install and reload all products again. 
There are many topics on Category erorrs, but none seem to fix anything. Can anyone help?

Any ideas? Anyone?