Can't export 1.6 default theme, coping the directory does not work.

Snade

Hello everyone,
I want to develop a custom theme out of the prestashop default one, but I cannot export the theme.

When using the Export button in Preferences->Themes, and when trying with the Import/Export module, the result is the same  0 bytes zip file.

Do you have any idea why the prestashop cant generate the archive, maybe some permissions issue or what?

-----
I've also tried to copy the whole theme folder, which seems to half-work, I get the theme in the admin panel, I can activate it, but there are many problems with it like broken search, completly missing hover effects on product list and more. 

If you have idea how can I make the copied version work, thats also good for me.

Thanks in advance, all the best, 
Alexander

• Like 1

Anyone? I am trying to export the default theme after upgrading my test system to PS 1.6.0.5, but none of the Theme export functions seem to work. I just get an empty zip file in most cases. In one case, I got the themes folder copied into the zip folder. Why doesn't this function work?

• Like 1

OK. Now I solved my issue. In the new PS, it is no longer an export/import activity to make a copy of the default theme. One simply clicks the Create new theme link and create a new theme, selecting from which theme you want to make a copy. So easy once you know how!

My issue has been resolved, and it should also work for Snade.

• 9 months later...