Language and Other Errors after Upgrading 1.5.6.2

I used the one click method and it errored out with about 1000 items left to copy, and the site was dead. So using FTP, I looked at dates on the server and moved over anything from the new version that had an older date on the old version.   Seemed to work a little.  Unsure at what point of the upgrade the DB gets used.

I can now open my admin and I do have debug on.  This is what I get-

I get the first error 13 times in a row.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/phryz.com/classes/Language.php on line 699

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/phryz.com/classes/module/Module.php on line 1015

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/phryz.com/classes/module/Module.php on line 172

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/phryz.com/classes/Language.php on line 699

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/phryz.com/classes/module/Module.php on line 1161

-------------------------------------------------

Then there is the log in box, if I attempt to log in I get-

TECHNICAL ERROR:

Details: Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: parsererror

----------------------------------------------------------

My main site gets-

Oops, something went wrong.

Try to refresh this page or feel free to contact us if the problem persists.

-------------------------------------------------

I posted elsewhere earlier but can't find  the post, it was about a new install.  I have a new install going in a subfolder.  Anyway to somehow get my database from this broken site into my new working site.  

Or what items from my DB backup can I use in the new install?  Actually the products I'm fine with, I CSV exported out everything and figure I can just import it in if I have to.  My images are all there.  What I want to save is my catagories, all their descriptions, Manufacture, orders and customers is what I hope I can use from the DB.  The theme I don't care about, there is a new one I would really like to get that's why I did the upgrade.  

I sort of solved this using this method http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/251288-manual-upgrade-guide-ps-12-ps-13-ps-14-upgrade-only

My url rewrite isnt working, my categories show on the store front but not in admin, I'm unsure if my items are there until i get the url working. customers, orders, manufacturrs all appear to br there. Once i figure how to change the title I'll add solved, if i can't find a solution to the new issues I'll post a new topic for them