No matter what I do my Contact form sends to my Hosting Company?

This is my first time to use this forum so please go easy on me!
I have installed Prestashop on my site but at the moment I am using it for training reasons. Everything is working fine execpt for the contact form. I don't receive any errors when sending the form but I receive a reply from my Hosting Company saying that they have received it. I have configured the contact and email information in "backroom/preferences/contact" and also "backroom/preferences/email". In the email section I even set my own SMTP parameters using gmail's instructions. NO MATTER WHAT I DO, THE MESSAGE STILL GOES TO MY HOSTING COMPANY! My hosting company keep telling me that it is a configuration problem.
Any help on tnhis is most welcome.
cosmo_man.

Thanks Chrissie I solved the problem. I tried what you suggested but that still did not work. I originally installed the Prestashop application from my hosting control panel and I discovered a bug. So I simply uninstalled the application and reinstalled it from Prestashop's home page and it worked fine. I notified my hosting company about the bug and they have now fixed the problem with the version that they have available on their server.
Thanks again for your reply.