Carrier with no name showing with free shipping on V 1.5.6

Hi,

I see there are a lot of threads on this topic. I've read them and i see they do not apply to my situation.
the thing is that after i upgraded to 1.5.6, a weird thing appeared on the carrier selection out of nowhere:

An un-aligned carrier with no name and no description and with FREE SHIPPING. i thought maybe i had misconfigured one of the carriers or something of the sort and so, after days of looking into the problem (and not getting any positive results), i went crazy and erased every single carrier, created new ones and, configured them step by step trying not to make a mistake.

i think i got everything right because the carriers appear only on the warehouses i configured them to but the damn unnamed carrier still appears giving everybody an unwanted free shipping.

i don't know if it's a bug or not (i really doubt it) but i'd like to know if maybe there's something i'm missing or i'm not doing. 

this is a little screenshot of what's happening:

http://prntscr.com/312dji

Have any of you had this problem before? have you solved it? it's been a week since i had this  problem and i've been forced to close my shop until i solve this very critical problem!

Thanks in advance for all your help, hope you help me solve it asap.

• 2 weeks later...