Carts page

I am new to Prestashop. I just opened my shop. I have had lots of traffic, but no sales yet. On the cart page it is showing many many carts. Are these carts that were abandoned? I don't know how to check to be sure the cart works. I tried the sandbox and it worked. In non-sandbox mode I have followed it to the point of logging in to Paypal as a fictitious user. It pops up an email there that shouldn't be there for the customer to login at Paypal.

Is there any way to be sure it works other than a sale ? I'd be happy to buy a test product, but I don't see how I could do it with the same Paypal account.

Also, how do you use a copyright for your images and descriptions, etc. ?

Thanks in advance !

• 7 months later...

Hi

I seem to be experiencing the same problem with the carts page in the admin area.
I am on a secure server.

I noticed this also with test sites, lots of orders in the cart but no orders, at first I thought it was because the test sites were not fully functional.

But I soft launched my site yesterday and there is a new cart created roughly every 5 minutes.
Each cart only contains one item and has no postage selected.

So I'm thinking this is definitely either a script problem, or some robot paging the cart.
Could it be search engine spiders?
Or is it something all together more nasty.

Just had email re security updates... but as I have just gone live, and made lots of changes to code and templates, I think I shall puke if I need to reinstall everything right away.

Does anyone know if the latest update fixes the problem with secure and non-secure items on a page with explorer, I'm thinking that is definitely a sale killer, so need to fix that, but haven't found a problem free fix that works on a www. SSL

Help? :-S