How to show prices with/without TAX based on language selector?

We have various languages enabled in the shop: www.chill-innovation.com

As default all prices are shown including VAT/TAX, but since Norway is outside EU, we would like the shop to display prices without VAT/TAX, when customers select Norsk (Norweigian) in the language selector. How Is this possible?

Edited by kmorgen (see edit history)

Currently in 1.5 this tax feature is little broken, hopefully they have fixed this in 1.6 with a "Completely turn off all Tax"

You need to go to the translations for each language and manually change the language text for Tax.. Simply remove the word tax.  Crude way to fix it, but thats the only solution right now.

Also in The BO turn off all Tax options.

RICKY

Hi Ricky

I think you misunderstood the question  :unsure:

I do not need to turn off taxes generally. I just want the shop to display the prices without the TAX, when Norwegian is chosen with the language selector in FO. For all the other languages available, it should still display the prices including taxes as it does now.

Really, would that make the shop change the prices in FO to be calculated without TAX for Norway?

Sounds pretty weird if translations, will affect how the shop calulate/display prices.

EDIT:

Just removed the norweigian Tax translation, and the only effect was the tax text are now shown in english. The prices shon is still the vat included price.

Edited by kmorgen (see edit history)

No, it will not effect any calculation. It won't display the word TAX.

Have you tried to disable TAX in Localization>Countries>Selected Country>Display Tax.

For me that never worked, as tax would often display in many places even though it is disabled.

The only way round this is to remove tax altogether from your shop and absorb it in the cost, unless you want to edit the tpl files, thats the only way.... Tax system in PS is fundamentaly flawed.

Goodluck, and post your results.

Edited by ricky11 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Now on PS 1.6.1.1 and this problem still remains!

Are we really the only ones who need to show prices with/without VAT based on language selector?

As of now customers need to create an account to get correct prices (with/without VAT) + Shipping costs.

This means a HUGE loss in conversions for international orders....