[bug] Advanced Stock Management - Mix - splits orders

Dear community and support of Prestashhop,

I had to fight for weeks now with orders splitted by Prestashop and could not find any solution in this forum on what may cause this. I suspected a damaged DB or flawed core files...I had nightmares..

Responsible for this is a mix of standard stock mangement and advanced stock management.

I set up a test install of Prestashop V1.5.6.2 with default articles. The Prestashop default install comes with standard stock management (ssm) and advanced stock management (asm) is disabled.

I changed for one article (the first one, the ipod nano) its stock and made the proper settings to make it avaible in the asm.

Now we have several articles with ssm and one with asm. If a customer orders articles from 'both stocks' THEN the order is splitted!

The customer finds in this history two orders. Though with the same Order reference only differentiated by a #suffix.

post-402975-0-93029800-1394559518_thumb.png

Worse, the same happens now of course in our backoffice and we have two new orders and invoices etc.

post-402975-0-11251500-1394559553_thumb.png

So, in order to stop the chaos for our customers and us we are hoping for help.

• Is this bevahiour 'vanilla by design' and thought to be useful or is it a bug?
  • Is there any (fast) work around? ^1

^1

Only solution that comes to my mind is to assign >> all <<  products to either ssm or asm. But I found in the forum people asking for help (and not finding a solution) who got not only splited orders in the terms of doubled one but triple orders. So, I assume and got the feeling that if a shop owner sets up two or more storehouse with ASM the same may happen (even with out ssm). I do not know BUT we need now asm since I have to make use of two advanced store houses.

Moreover, how can we/shopowner mass migrate products from ssm into asm? Have a look at the given default Prestashop installation. There are a dozen variants of the ipod Nano. When I activated the ASM in the ipod Nano's settings then all quantities were set to null! :(

post-402975-0-82582300-1394560319_thumb.png

I know that the forum was full of questions when this feature of asm was introduced and as far as I know of there was no work around.

Has this changed?

• Is there a way to mass migrate now from ssm to asm?

PS:

Since I am not aware of a way doing this with Prestashop alone nor with exporting stock to CSV making changes and reimporting with updating fields I looked in PrestashopStoreManager by EmagicOne but to no avail This 300€ tools does not have the capabilities to do this. This is what there support told me.

Then I know of the equivalent tool from France: "Store Commander"

Less expensive but I could not test it in way to know now more :)

So, I am lost with Prestashop at the moment and very much in the need of help here.

Thanks for reading and any helpful thought and tipps!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...