PayPal not showing to some customers

Occasionally we get a comment from a customer that they cannot see the paypal payment options.

We have prestashop 1.5.6

Module 3.57 configured for PayPal pro in the UK

Usually it is fine, but as I say sometimes a customer does not see the paypal paypal or pay by credit card options presented by this module

I just wondered if there were any technical reasons why that might me (does it use a technology that can be blocked by their computer or a firewall?)

Same here.

We also get complaints that the options are showing but customer unable to continue with the checkout.

Has been going on for about the last two weeks. It seems to happen when the PayPal servers are a tad overloaded.

PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.2
PayPal USA, Canada Version : 1.3.1 Configured for Advance

Edited by ishkey (see edit history)

Thanks  for the reply - good to know it is not just me

But that is a little concerning really I had hoped it might be settings on computers so at least I can advise people. It's not good to say "yes we want you to buy our goods, but please can you wait until paypal are not as busy"

Here is a link to check server status http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/paypal.com.html

I understand what you are saying but overloaded servers, bad transmissions over the net due to routing threw bad weather related servers has always been a problem. Not to mention PayPal has been on a campaign to have their checkout abilities in retail stores right at the checkout counter, where customers can use their smartphones to do a money transfer. I suspect like most companies they will increase the amount of servers after they capture more market share.

If you have a  Secure payment info page, you could make some mention of the facts of life there. Customers may not like it or even understand how this could happen in this day of time but at least it shows them your expertise and adds to your creditability.

after thought - it would be nice if PrestaShop had the ability to display something indicating to the customer that there is a problem, offer to save the order so they could try a later time.

Edited by ishkey (see edit history)