Highlighting text boxes in registration form that were not filled correctly (or not at all).

Aaa123

Hi all!

I would like to change the default errors table that is displayed while creating an account when some of the fields are not filled (e.g. name is required or zip/postal code is invalid).

Instead of showing the errors table, I would like to highlight each field that is required but was not filled, or was filled incorrectly (preferably show the text of error near the field).

Unfortunately I saw that the errors don't have their keys - they are only generated as text of all of them.

I located generation of text errors in AuthController.php and was thinking about changing e.g. this:

$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('The Zip / Postal code is invalid.');

to this:

$this->errors['zip_code'] = Tools::displayError('The Zip / Postal code is invalid.');

so to be able to refer to the 'zip_code' later.

Also I saw that there is a function validateFieldsRequiredDatabase() in ObjectModel.php that is responsible for generating errors when the required field is empty:

if (empty($value))
    $errors[$field] = sprintf(Tools::displayError('The field %s is required.'), self::displayFieldName($field, get_class($this), $htmlentities));

Do you know how to refer to those errors in the later stage?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you