Address error

Chilli

Hi

My first post here - I've been using PrestaShop only for a little while, and I'm certainly not an expert.

I have a problem with the PayPal (Europe) module: when it redirects the user to the confirmation page on our website, there's an internal server error (500) and if I turn on error logging, I get this:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Address->lastname is not valid'

from modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php

It doesn't matter if it's an express check-out or a 5-clicks check-out, it's always the same.

The funny thing is: I was doing this yesterday and it did work! Then I disabled the PayPal module (we have another payment module which we've used for a while and we'll keep using it until we sort out the PayPal integration)... today I re-enabled PayPal, and I keep getting this error.

I think yesterday (when it was working), at check-out I used to see "Paypal_address" as the address being used. However today that's disappeared, and I only see "My Address". I think my problem must somehow be related to this.

In fact, is it at all possible to just rely on the PayPal address, without asking our customers to enter their addresses on our website? We are just selling virtual products, so ultimately we don't care about the shipping address (nothing is ever shipped).

By the way, I have tried resetting, uninstalling and re-installing, deleting the cache, forcing compile, etc... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by Chilli (see edit history)