Cannot complete transactions in PayPal

Billd11

I am not able to complete any transactions in PayPal. I keep getting this error:

'We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com."

I have had the SAME PayPal account for 15 years and NEVER had a problem. I even converted it to a full business account just to be sure that didn't cause the problem. It didn't help. PayPal is useless. I have been waiting 4 days for a response from them.

Any ideas? I don't know if this happened BEFORE the PayPal module because I was never ready to test it. Since PayPal is the only way I accept payment, I am pretty much out of business until this gets working.

Finally figured this out. Prestashop programmers may want to update the PayPal module. The very first line when you are entering API Credentials, it asks for the PayPal business account. That is very confusing. What is actually wants in the PRIMARY EMAIL ADDRESS linked to the PayPal account. You folks might want to make that a little clearer. I just happen to figure it out by trial and error.

Edited by Billd11 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Just be glad you got it working, when I complete a live transaction paypal takes me back to a 404 page not found on the shop and completes the payment and BO order update but leaves the item in the cart. I love Presta shop but the Paypal module is screwey its a hit or miss if it wants to work partially.

Edited by lethal (see edit history)