Can anyone create a custom Shipment Tracking module?

rcdaniel

Hi

I'd like to see if someone can create a custom module.

I would like to be able to define the shipping service and tracking number for each order at the time I mark it shipped instead of using the global tracking URL defined in Shipping > Carriers.

For instance, I want to offer free shipping. The customer doesn't have any choice in which service is actually used, they only have an option for free shipping. When I actually ship the orders though, I will use different shipping services depending on the cost. So one order may ship via USPS but the next one ships via FedEx ground.

When creating the "Free Shipping" Carrier in the BO under Shipping > Carriers, It only allows for creating a single, global tracking url in which the tracking number is appended. Like I described above, I need to define the tracking URL for the "Free Shipping" carrier on each order.

Can anyone code this, and if so, can you give me an estimate of the cost?

Thanks so much!
Chris

P.S. Before deciding on PrestaShop, I was looking at OpenCart. I found two modules for it that do exactly what I want to do in PS. I can PM the URL's to any interested developers as an example of what I want to do in case I'm not explaining it well. I wasn't sure about posting links here in the forum.