Paypal payments but no order received

buster155

I am currently using prestashop 1.5.4.1 with paypal module 3.6.5 and in the back office it shows completed orders / payments but these orders are not received, instead I receive the following error message

Hi,   Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module   A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:  

PayPal response:
TIMESTAMP -> 2014-02-04T17:45:01Z
L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10472
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> CancelURL is invalid.
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Paypal have confirmed they know what the problem is and how to solve it but have said as it is a prestashop module it is down to prestashop to rectify the problem.

To date, I have been working with prestashop for the last 3 months and they seem to be unable to resolve the problem,

Can anyone please help resolve this issue as it would appear I am losing sales.

Thanks

Buster155

• 1 month later...

Hi Buster155,

You won't get a solution Prestashop are incompetent at solving problems...look at 1.6 and how that is going.  This issue regarding paypal and no orders is so reported I'm surprised it hasn't received a special forum...the only thing I can suggest is moving store like we are...we're going to either spree or Magento...their payment modules work...amazingly.

Kind regards,

Dan

While I am waiting for the solution for Paypal Advanced module - I started to explore Magento.

It's so freaking powerful! NO PROBLEMS with carrier calculation domestic and international, no problem with taxes, not a single problem with Paypal Advanced. The order system is designed for a medium to large business. Internal order shipping tracking system (works :) ). The downside is the hole website setup after it's been installed is not so obvious, but how shipping and payment section performs out of the box is amazing. I will definitely dig not only to Prestashop, but also to Magento side. 

Magento is great, I'm also looking at moving to that. The only problem is that it is quite slow, however, with a bit of streamlining and disabling of other functions you should be able to get it working within no time at a decent speed.  Spree is also really good - it is written on Ruby on Rails, and as such is incredibly quick, stable, and actually coded well.  When you compare ANY other shopping software to Prestashop, you really see how badly prestashop is coded and no wonder they have all these problems.  Whilst Spree is maybe not quite as feature rich as Prestashop at the moment, the fact that you have full customization of everything and that also if anything goes wrong it is far harder to bring the site down, is just a huge bonus...one thing I have learnt is that Prestashop is essentially living on borrowed time.  

It is terribly coded, has thousands of bugs that are never fixed, incredibly unstable, and becoming more hated by the minute. Yes it is free, but it is only an advert for the expression, 'Penny wise, pound foolish'.