Error during contact form use

Hi all,
I'm new to PrestaShop, and I'm getting a very general error when I try to use my contact form:

There is 1 error :

1. an error occurred while sending message

Anyone know how to find out what exactly is going wrong? Thanks very much!

Arash

• 2 weeks later...

Try fixing your SMTP configuration and make sure it is truly working or simulated to be working. Since I am using WAMP Server for development, I tried using sendmail.exe and now msmtp.exe using PHP Mail set in Prestashop's Preferences->Email. I had to configure the PHP.INI and set sendmail to either the installed sendmail.exe or msmtp.exe. Still it wasn't able to send any mails but the error disappeared as I think it successfully simulated the SMTP server. I then uploaded my site in a live (but hidden) CentOS server and sending of mails worked!

• 4 weeks later...

I found a workaround using an old version of contact-form.php via the thread at
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/25370/general_discussion/contact_us_error_bug/

Below is my posting to that thread.

"Hello, I have prestashop_1.2.5.0 installed on hostmonster.

I was running into the same email error described at the top of this thread by halalan (when I tried to post emails on prestashop ... using a firefox browser ... i didn't try with IE)

I installed halalan's older version of contact-form.php ... and it solved the problem so far.

I am not well versed enough with php or smtp to diagnose the root cause of the issue.

This is just a data point that the older version of contact-form.php works better on hostmonster. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks to everyone who posted before me, especially to halalan for his fix."

• 1 year later...

I have tested the email in BO, and it works. Also if i go into an order and write a message the email is successfully send to the customer, however when i try using the Contact Form is doesn't work. I get the #1 error, both in Safari and in Chrome. Can it still be a problem with the host or maybe my configuration of .htaccess or chmod?

• 1 month later...

I have tested the email in BO, and it works. Also if i go into an order and write a message the email is successfully send to the customer, however when i try using the Contact Form is doesn't work. I get the #1 error, both in Safari and in Chrome. Can it still be a problem with the host or maybe my configuration of .htaccess or chmod?

I have tested my email in BO, and it works. Then i have send to that email address from another email address, and it works. But when i try to use the contact form, it doesn' t work. I have looked at that link, too: http://www.presto-ch...email-problems. But, I didn' t found that codes in my ps v1.4.4.1.

if (!($has_reply_to = $message->getReplyTo())) $message->setReplyTo($from);

How can I fix this problem in ps 1.4.4.1?

Thanks...

• 3 years later...

Hello same problem found any solution ?? Thanks !!

Hola mismo problema encontraron alguna solucion??, gracias!!

Hi, i found out some solution, that is working for me.

Posted on this topic just now:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/445659-contact-form-error-an-error-ocurred-while-sending-the-message/?p=2129851

Hope it works for u.

:)

Edited by Betah89 (see edit history)