User Can NOT log in

figo

Hi,
First, excuse my poor english, I hope you'll understand.
Did you follow all the steps?
I'm also a newby, and I spent the last week without correct installation, certainly because I was too in a hurry to have my shop installed.
How I succeed? I follow all the steps, and for one of these reasons,(I don't know wich one) I discover why I never succeed firsts days:
1-Don't change logo (you can change later-Yes, It's a pleasure, tu build a personnal logo-see under-)
2-Keep dirctory 'prestashop' (you'll change it after installation-see under-)
3-Be sure of the existence of php mail() function of your server. or install properly SMTP informations.
4-Also begin with 'prestashop' for database name
----
if you have one of all this features , perhaps the problem is somewhere in one of them, or the combination of them ?
But I get a good installation after one hundred of bad experiences!
---
After, when it will be Good
1)you can change logo in img/logo/jpg
2)change shop directory by changing name of the directory from /prestashop/ to /myshop/ using your FTP, and, important, be sure to change in setting.inc.php the line /prestashop/ by /myshop/ (and don't forget to have the good chmod-644-)

I don't know if your answer is here, but it will perhaps help
Good luck !
Paul

PS: another tip > while installation is not good, don't erase 'install', juste rename the directory 'install_old', or something like that, it will be easyer to re install again...

Hi, my friend Thank you for your patience and answers, My problem has been resolved, The specific method is so:

1. Download a PrestaShop 1.1 version.
2. Installed on the host server.
3. FTP Downloads two documents “my-account.php”, “authentication.php” to yours computer.
4. FTP Will be "my-account.php", "authentication.php" Upload to PrestaShop 1.2.4 version of the directory, overwrite the previous file.
ok