Problem setting up a new carrier in 1.5.6.1 or 1.5.6.2

I'm trying to set up a new Carrier that will ship to a specific area and has a fixed price for the shipping.  I keep getting that "no carriers deliver to this address" message.

Here's what I have done:

I enabled the country "Sweden" under Localization/Countries

It belongs to the "Europe" zone.

I created a carrier called "Papasworkshop to Sweden" and I set the shipping price to "Europe-Zone" at $16.00.

In my main product I enabled "Papasworkshop to Sweden" under the Shipping Tab.

When I select a Sweden address and try to ship a product to Sweden I get the message "no carriers available"

So I go back and select a USA address and I get my normal USPS shipping options....PLUS I get a choice that says:

Papasworkshop to Sweden
10-14 days
The best price
Free

My shipping charges to Sweden are $16.00 so I certainly don't want it to be FREE.

Also,this option for shipping to Sweden shouldn't be coming up when I choose a NorthAmerica/United States address.

I've noticed that a lot of people seemed to have problems getting the "no carriers available" message.  Many of the suggestions have pointed to Shipping configuration problems.  I've gone through the shipping setup many times and I think I understand it however I could certainly be doing something wrong and not realize it.

Note: since my USPS module only ships within the USA, I'm trying to set up fixed shipping charges to other countries.  I thought maybe I could set up individual Carriers with a fixed price for each.  Such as

Papasworkshop to Canada        $ 9.50

Papasworkshop to Sweden        $ 16.00

I don't see any bugs reported on this problem so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?  

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank Carey