.csv import of features

Hi, this has probably been asked before but when I searched I could not find the problem exactly as I am experiencing it.

Basically, I am setting up a car parts shop, I have created new features - Make, Model, Year, Engine Size, Fuel Type. Before I begin adding products I want to have all the the features I have created populated with values. I created a test .csv of car make, model, year engine size and fuel type when I go to .csv import there isn't a dedicated section for uploading features only, so I tried using the product entity and selecting Feature(Name:Value:Position:Customised), this errors as there is no actual product information in the .csv.

I then tried using the Combinations drop down, then choosing Attribute(Name:Type:Position)* this does not error, but does not actually upload the feature information.

What am I doing wrong? Or is there no actual way of importing JUST feature values in Prestashop 1.5.6.2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is causing me no end of frustration.