Can't get paypay working at all. Please help.

clut

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting paypal working.

I've recently installed Prestashop 1.5.5

When I look in 'Modules' for Paypal, the only option I have is:

PayPal Pro (Addons)

Which costs £134.99

I searched around, and a lot of people who has problems were told to download the Paypal Europe (I'm in the UK) module.

I downloaded the Paypal Europe module, and installed it in the shop using the "Add New Module" button at the top fo the Modules page.

It says it installs correctly, however when I look down the list for it, I still only have:

PayPal Pro (Addons)

only it now has a green box underneath saying:

The module was downloaded successfully.

although it still has a price tag of £134.99, I can't use it, and there isn't another Paypal module listed.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Edit:

------

I found a workaround for this:

It seems the paypay Europe module is simply not available if your shop is set to be based in the United Kingdom.

I reinstalled a new shop, said my location was France (I guess anywhere else in Europe would work too), then installed the paypal europe module as normal. I then set my shop's localization to UK, and set it's location back to UK and everything seems to be ok.

I'm not sure if there are any legal implications here, or if the paypal module won't function correctly when it put in all the information, but right now it's one step further that I got before.

Edited by clut (see edit history)