Problems with a hook

cinopower

Hi,

I have a problem in my shop.

Whatever I install in a hook (payment hook in this case) it doesn't show in the page...

The old modules that are installed in this hook, are showing without problems...

I made a test, just creating a module that register in the payment hook, thats the code:

<?php
if (!defined('_PS_VERSION_'))
  exit;

class Base extends Module{

public function __construct(){

$this->name = 'base';
		$this->tab = 'others';
		$this->version = '0.1';

parent::__construct();

$this->page = basename(__FILE__,'.php');

$this->displayName = $this->l('Modulo Base');
		$this->description = $this->l('Modulo Base');		

}

public function install(){

if (!parent::install() || !$this->registerHook('payment') || !$this->registerHook('paymentTop'))
			return false;
		return true;

}

public function uninstall()
	{
		// Uninstall Module
		if (!parent::uninstall())
			return false;

return true;
	}

public function hookPayment($params)
	{
		echo "debug";
		exit;
	}

public function hookPaymentTop($params)
	{
		//echo "debugtop";
		//exit;
	}

}

Well, in theory after install this module, when you arrive to the choosing payment part, this should print "debug" and exit... but it doesn't.

I have registered it also in the PaymentTop hook to try if this is working. When I delete the comment, it appear "debugtop" and exit...

I'm desesperate... I don't know what's wrong... in DDBB the module it correctly inserted and also, in the module position in back office, I can change the position...

I also took a look to the paypal module, changing the function hookPayment(with echo and exit), and it entered there, so I don't know what happening to my module.

Any ideas of what s wrong?

Still more weird stuff...
I have made a copy of the whole web and database in my local machine and the new module I created is working.

I'm totally lost... Of course, I know I can create another hook, set this hook in the tpl file, wherever I want, and just register my new module to this hook. But I want to know whats happening the this hook and why stop working for new modules.

Hi, and thank you again.

I think I didn't explain myself properly...

I know i have to call my tpl file in the return, but the point is that it doesn't matter what I write in hook payment, nothing is readed. Actually, if I put "exit" the execution should stop, whatever return it's there after that (I put "exit" just to know if it was entering there).

For example, if I make the same test in paypal module and I write "exit;" in the first line of the payment hook in this module, when I arrive to the payment methods page, the web stops in a blank page...

Well, I answer myself just in case someone have a similar problem.

The thing is that the behavior of the payment hook is a bit different to the others hooks.

In class Hook there are some methods to place the modules registered. La function "exec" call to "getHookModuleExecList", that return a list of available modules for a hook. With the payment modules there are some extra checkings (tables "module_currency" and "module_country").
In my case, I had somes errors at the table "module_currency"(I really don't know why, I think it was a mistake on creating different currencies for my shop) and this method never returned my module in the list, so it was never created the instance and never called the hookpayment function.