Paypal questions

I am about to open my shop and want to set it up for Paypal Standard. I have a couple of questions.

1- If I set it up without a static IP address for my site will my users be able to login securely. I have a shared SSL at the host. I own a free Comodo ssl that came with my domain name...don't know if I need to use it

2- If they can login securely for wishlists, etc. can they be returned to the site after they pay at Paypal without if messing up the security

I know the return won't keep the cart updated, so I'll have to do it myself.

3- Can they shop without logging in ?
4- Without a separate ssl, will they have a browser flag for logging in for wishlists?
5- Are they transferred to Paypal before they enter personal info like address etc. when they click buy button ?

Sorry to be so rambly, but I am unfamiliar with how this cart works.

Thanks so much !
http://www.styletantrum.com

I seem to have worked thru most of these questions in trying to set up the Paypal sandbox. I still haven't been able to get a post back to the cart after the sale

According to these directions:
In Profile >> Selling Preferences >> Instant Payment Notification Preferences, set:
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) to On
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL to http://localhost:8888/prestashop/modules/paypal/validation.php

With this url..what is the localhost...your whole site name(ie.www.me.com)....your ip address?....and is the 8888 variable or is it always 8888?

Sorry..just trying to figure out this so I can get my shop up.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure where the directions came from, I think it may have been the egerton site or here on the forum. Anyway, I gave up trying to get prestashop to work with Paypal. I hope you get your shop to work. Good luck.

Here's part of what I found, can't find the rest:

Using PayPal with PrestaShop is easy.
1.Go to Back Office >> Modules >> Payment section
2.In the PayPal module row, click Install.
3.Click Configure.
4.On the PayPal Settings page, type your PayPal business e-mail address.
5.Select your Sandbox and Currency preferences, then click Update settings.
In order to use your PayPal payment module, you have to configure your PayPal account (sandbox account as well as live account). Log in to PayPal and follow these instructions.
In Profile >> Selling Preferences >> Instant Payment Notification Preferences, set:
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) to On
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL tohttp://localhost:8888/prestashop/modules/paypal/validation.php
In Profile >> Selling Preferences >> Website Payment Preferences, set:
Auto Return to Off
Payment Data Transfer to Off
In Shipping Calculations, mark the Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above checkbox.
Your PayPal email address must be verified.

Hey, Congrats on getting it to go! I'm in a rush to get stuff online for the holiday shopping season and can't take the time to configure it all again. I've pulled down my Prestashop and am going with a hosted cart elsewhere for now. Thanks for letting me know, though. I love Prestashop...just wish I could get it to work for me.