Job Offer: Help needed for a few issues on website

SilverCloud

Hi,

We were hoping to have some tweaks done to our website. I have been building most it myself but am a bit unsure how to solve these issues. 

Here are the details of what we would like doing (some of them are probably quite simple):

1 - Make top header on front page smaller

2 - At the bottom where it says 'My Account', 'Information' & 'Contact Us', on the 'Information' column we'd like to get rid of the Specials, New Products and Bestsellers links

3 - Make the filter list on the side longer - this is the list that is set up in the Layered Navigation Block module. We would like to make the menu longer so it doesn't go into scrolling mode

4 - Advice on how best to add a blog

5 - Checkout problems - with the checkout we would prefer it set up as 1-Step Checkout. But if we choose 1-Step Checkout or Five-step, there seems to be a problem with it.
With 1-step - the postal options don't seem to work. We have different postal prices set up for the UK, EU, US etc. But when we do a test checkout, when we change the country, the different postal options don't change with it.
With 5-step - when we change to 5-step checkout the postal options work now, they change depending on the country the customer chooses. This is ok but we would prefer to use the 1-step checkout.

Also, and this seems to be a problem with both 1-step and 5-step. When we do a test checkout, it works fine when entering the address and choosing how to pay, but then when we click confirm order it goes to page cannot be displayed. We are not sure why this is.

6 - Sub-category and image mapping problem - when we add a picture for the subcategory the picture comes up but also displays as a small header with the same picture. We would rather this didn't happen and we could choose another pic to display.
We worked out that we could override this by uploading a picture in Image Mapping. But the Image mapping doesn't seem to work properly as it won't let me select a category for the picture to be displayed in. I can choose a category but once i click save, the choice i made disappears and a category is no longer selected.

It would be great to have these issues fixed. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Hi,

We were hoping to have some tweaks done to our website. I have been building most it myself but am a bit unsure how to solve these issues. 

Here are the details of what we would like doing (some of them are probably quite simple):

1 - Make top header on front page smaller

2 - At the bottom where it says 'My Account', 'Information' & 'Contact Us', on the 'Information' column we'd like to get rid of the Specials, New Products and Bestsellers links

3 - Make the filter list on the side longer - this is the list that is set up in the Layered Navigation Block module. We would like to make the menu longer so it doesn't go into scrolling mode

4 - Advice on how best to add a blog

5 - Checkout problems - with the checkout we would prefer it set up as 1-Step Checkout. But if we choose 1-Step Checkout or Five-step, there seems to be a problem with it.

With 1-step - the postal options don't seem to work. We have different postal prices set up for the UK, EU, US etc. But when we do a test checkout, when we change the country, the different postal options don't change with it.

With 5-step - when we change to 5-step checkout the postal options work now, they change depending on the country the customer chooses. This is ok but we would prefer to use the 1-step checkout.

Also, and this seems to be a problem with both 1-step and 5-step. When we do a test checkout, it works fine when entering the address and choosing how to pay, but then when we click confirm order it goes to page cannot be displayed. We are not sure why this is.

6 - Sub-category and image mapping problem - when we add a picture for the subcategory the picture comes up but also displays as a small header with the same picture. We would rather this didn't happen and we could choose another pic to display.

We worked out that we could override this by uploading a picture in Image Mapping. But the Image mapping doesn't seem to work properly as it won't let me select a category for the picture to be displayed in. I can choose a category but once i click save, the choice i made disappears and a category is no longer selected.

It would be great to have these issues fixed. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Ready to help you! PM sent!

Thanks