Stores gone from map after upgrade to 1.5.6.1

Hello......the map is there, and all the information is still in ps_stores, just like before (1.5.6). But my stores are not displaying. Any ideas?

BTW......does anyone have a link to a thread/sticky on how to upgrade correctly......meaning, without losing stuff? 

Thanks for your help...........

Help! I have all the addresses in Preferences/Store Contacts and all the info in ps_stores in php admin. But I have no stores on the map.

Edit: all the addresses are enabled in Preferences/Store Contacts. Still, no stores on the map. What am I not seeing? I know it must be simple.

Edited by Urbanfarmer (see edit history)

This warning must have something to do with the problem. When I try to disable or enable a store I get this message. I don't see any unknown column address2 in myadmin/php. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Unknown column 'address2' in 'field list'

UPDATE `ps_store` SET `id_store` = '53',`id_country` = '21',`id_state` = '43',`name` = 'Tractor Supply Co.',`address1` = '584 E. GIBSON STREET',`address2` = '',`postcode` = '75951',`city` = 'Jasper',`latitude` = '30.912247',`longitude` = '-93.9931112',`hours` = '',`phone` = '',`fax` = '',`note` = '',`email` = '',`active` = '0',`date_add` = '0000-00-00',`date_upd` = '2014-01-31 13:22:28' WHERE `id_store` = 53

OK......I had to replace several columns in ps_stores that I had deleted in 1.5.6 in order to make the map work with that version. Now, after upgrading to 1.5.6.1, the error messages were telling me to replace all those columns. I did, and I made all those column error messages go away, except this last one. I can't see what is "invalid" about it.

Any ideas?

Property Store->date_add is not valid

Update: the date_add column needed to be filled with a start date. I did this and the error message stopped. But I still have no stores displayed on the map. No more error messages. Everything appears correct. I can't see what is going on.

Any ideas?............