OK, No multi-Shop yet, but what about this?

I saw a lot of discussion about multi-shop. This is a feature I really need. But until then I need a quick way of changing the appearance of the shop depending on customer group.

I'd like to change the store logo (top left) depending on customer group.

For normal customers (not logged in) and for customers in the group I've called 'retail' they see the standard shop logo. But for logged in customers in the group I've called 'trade' they see a different shop logo.

What do you think? Does anyone know how I might do it?

:question:
:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,
I wanted to know if you could help me out with a question I have slightly similar to yours. I think...

I am trying to have a multiple site where i want to allow each vendor to have their own domain within the main domain. They will have their own inventory, branding, discounts and so on. I would also like to have their products to be searchable and listed on the main domain. If someone does a search they can see the products, pricing and vendor. If they want they can click vendors name and see their store.

Is something like this possible?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you

Hi hwks,

I think you are going to need a full-blown multi-shop set up. From reading the forum I understand the Prestashop team are looking at this feature, but it's not available yet. This is a quote from another thread:

atthieu Biart
Posted: 08 July 2009 11:23 AM [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 1 ]
PrestaTeam

Hi Ox40!

Thank you for this point which I confirm

I just want to add that we are currently working on the multi-shop feature.
The conception stage is completed are we’ll soon start the development.
So the only thing I can say about a date/release version is that it won’t be included on the 1.2 final version nor on the 1.3
But the final release following the 1.3 final may implement it. If that’s not the case, it will be implemented two (final) versions after the 1.3 final.

I really need this functionality as well, but it looks like we will have to wait a while. Until then, I thought of a quick way to make the shop look different for different customer groups, by changing the logo according to the customer group - but I don't have a way to do this. This isn't going to give you what you need.

I guess you have already looked at using a main category for each vendor and organising their inventory within the category?

Sorry I can't help you further.

Cheers

Hi Stig,
Yes I did read that post you shared with me which i found it later on. Well I thought of something else as perhaps an alternate. It depends on your business case though.

One problem I realised with multi shop is if buyers choose to buy different products from different vendors delivery charges may vary. The region I want to implement this does not have good mapping facilities like UK, EU and so on, hence finding out realistic costs can be a challenge and also I do not have a courier company to pick up the items from different locations and deliver at once as yet (or something like that). So I thought of having different stores by replicating the initial framework I want to have for different vendors. Then have one main site which pulls info from them and displays it. If people drill down further it will take them to the vendors site which is a sub domain of the main site. Branding and themes will be done as per the vendor but site structure remains the same.

Some key features i want to offer the vendors are the inventory control solution, integrating into Google Analytics, Sales reports and so on.

Not sure if this is a bigger workload than I think but was something I was thinking if possible.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!