Module for picking and grouping products together needed, anyone up to it?

nayll

I have a "main product" the customers can choose multiple ingredients for, (1 to 20), to add from out of 200 "other products".

IE: customer picks "main product" = "plain yogurt" or "banana yogurt" etc.

they can then add toppings which are the "other products" to the "main product".

strawberries

peanuts

cookie chips

etc. etc.

this other product list would appear as a scrollable window underneath the main product block, the customer can filter this list according to the tags of the "other product" so that only "berries" show up in the list to choose from.

As they do this, a list grows under the main "product" page image with a thumb nail of these "other products" and their names. They can delete any one of these and or pick others.

Once they have "built" their yogurt desert, they can add it to the cart. They then can choose how many of these "main product" creations they want. The idea is that these "other products" are only associated with this "main product" in the cart so that if they go and build another desert with new toppings they will only be associated with the new desert. This also makes it easy for us to build their desert by not mixing up the "other products" associated with the other deserts.

In the back office I want to be able to change the total number they can chose from the main list of these "other products" as "tier levels" which can be priced differently.

IE: tier 1 = 5 toppings = $7, tier 2 = 10 toppings = $10, tier 3 = 15 toppings = $13 etc. So a "tier" is a price rule for the "main product" that I can adjust. If they pick 1 topping above my price tier rule the "main product" would bump up to the next tier price

main product  plain yogurt      tier 1, tier 2 tier 3 or more etc

main product  banana yogurt  tier 1, tier 2 tier 3 or more etc

As they build their desert the price would change on the "main product" page where it normally appears.

Also, "other products" would carry their own price as normal products $0 to whatever they are set at, ans this could add into the cart total as it normally would,  since some toppings are very expensive.

I want to use all the power of presta in regards to the "other products" because of its powerful filtering, image, description and inventory capability to manage everything. I just need to have this "linking" ability presta doesn't have now for the cart and the previewing and listing of selected "other products" on the main product block. I'm currently running a non standard theme, presta 1.5.6.1 version.

I typically use Elance for programing jobs, but I wanted to come here first because of the help I've gotten on the forums.

Need it in 3 weeks.

shouldn't be too hard, uses the standard database.

john h

Combinations feature is not good enough.

Edited by nayll (see edit history)