Create a two-level navigation/structure

Hi there,

i'm trying to create a new Website with a hierarchical structure. There should be  a Top-Level-Navigation with the main-topics (home, shop, information, club) and a second-level-navigation which depends on the selected top-level.

The best way to explain is may to show you the planned Structure:

- Startpage (Maybe i'll made a standalone, not-prestashop startpage because of an totally different design)

---> No Subnavi required

- Online-Shop

---> Categories in the subnavi

- Informations

---> CMS-Links in the subnavi

- Club

---> CMS-Links in the subnavi

May i can use the "horizontal navigation"-block to achieve the top-level-navigation, but the big Problem is to create the second-level-navigation. I tried to add the categories-block and the cms-links-block to the "left column blocks". It works for the categories (i hide this block in the CMS-Pages), but i can create only one CMS-Block for the Informations and the Club, but this should be different. 

I'm pretty new to Prestashop and searched for hours, so i'm asking gently the community if you know a solution.

Thanks for any help in advantadge,

Greetings Chris

Hi there,

I found a workaround (u can see it live on http://dev.thoeni.me/sn), but its just a not very pretty workaround because its based on JS.

1) I've modified the blocktopmenu.php that i can use it on the leftColumn, and of course placed into the Left Column

2) create an individual tpl for the subnavigation

3)Detect by jQuery which topic is active and load the specific subtree.

BUT: There's one, quite big problem left: If you visit the Product-Detail-Page, the subnavi don't get any "active"/"focus"-class, Because of that, the subnavigation dont work proberly. Does have somebody a solution to keep the right parent highlighted?

Edit: I used the javascript-var 'lastCatID' and this worked great for 1.5.5.0, but since 1.6.0.6 it stoppped to work...

Thanks!

Edited by SublimeProphets (see edit history)