Help with PS theme development

Hi guys,

I am new user of PrestaShop and I would like to learn to make themes for this e-commerce platform. I have good knowledge of Photoshop,  HTML, CSS and basic Php and My Sql. Currently I am trying to understand how Presta shop works and how can I make custom themes and implement already developed modules.

Regarding that I would need small help to properly understand PS theming. Reading PS tutorials I learned that all sites at PrestaShop are made form static and dynamic content. Static content is written in HTML and styled with CSS and that is clear for me. In order to easy manipulate with dynamic  content PS developed Hooks and Modules (graphical and action). Hooks are used to positioned modules on the page and that is also clear to me.

The problem is that I do not understand full process of developing PS 1.5 theme since I haven’t find any tutorial o the net which will cover everything from beginning till the end.

For example, I want to make web shop with layout same at the picture in attachment. From tutorial I learned to develop custom hook and I will only use already finished modules.

If I understand properly first I have to code divs #Header, #Slider, #Product List, #Right Side and #Footer but I do not understand where I need to style theme. Should I style them in CSS, or in modules? Please, can someone briefly explain me whole process of developing the theme from the scratch?

Thank you very much guys... :mellow:

post-745632-0-00915900-1388960213_thumb.jpg