Paypal option not available in the UK?

Mick.N

Hi guys,

Hope you can help.

A little bit confused here regarding PayPal with prestashop in the UK my site in progress is  http://www.ecigcow.co.uk

Firstly, in my modules, there is no free paypal option which from other users I see they have installed.

If I look at the Paypal Euro add-ons here: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html I see the following:

Your shop is in version 1.5 or 1.4? This module is already pre-installed and ready for use!To activate it, go to the "Modules" tab in your back office and click Install. 
This module is available for the following geographical area: France, Italy, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Turkey, Israel, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Russia.
For USA, Canada and Mexico, download the PayPal USA, Canada & Mexico module.

Why is the UK not here?

The only option I see inside my modules, is the Paypal Pro module (which is £135) - clicked on this and I see in the notes:

Note: Currently, PayPal Pro accepts worldwide payments for merchants located in the United States and Australia only.

Does this mean I cannot use Paypal for my store?

I was looking at other payment gateway options, and the reason I want to use PayPal is to give the customers the option to pay with Paypal and not just credit card. 

I want them to have the option to pay with payPal or credit credit card.

Any advice appreciated!

Mick

• Like 1

UPDATE: you know what - I noticed the upload module function in the module section so I downloaded the free version from addons anyway and uploaded and installed it in prestashop. Have not done a live test with it but looks ok. Strange though that it didn't mention UK in the list of geographical areas it is available in!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. Is this currency related? i.e. you receive Euro's only?

Also just on test mode.

Sorry Canarin, only saw this now. I only have received GBP so far so cannot answer your Euro Question.

Works fine with GBP - did you manage to get it working in the end? 

Hi Mick.N,

have'nt yet used the site as sadly I just have a few unplanned personal issues. Nevertheless I'm pretty sure it should work as you just confirmed. Let me know if any new problems crop up. The issue re receiving currencies I think is dependant on which currencies you can accept/have set up in Paypal.