Module to Allocate Existing Products to Parent/Child Relationship

Rubycube

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to supply a quote to build a module where I can create parent/child relationships (combinations) from exisiting items.

I import from an inventory program which imports parent & child products as separate items. I would like to somehow link the child variant to the parent (so it still maintains it's code and individuality as a product) but only have the parent listed on the website which drop down boxes to choose size and colour.

ie. Parent:         Dog Collar         [DC]

Children:      Yellow, Large     [DC-Y/L]

Yellow, Small      [DC-Y/S]

Blue, Large        [DC-B/L]

Blue, Small         [DC-B/S]

The result is that I end up with a massive web shop which is hard to navigate (http://www.rubycube.com.au/index.php?id_category=65&controller=category).  I'd really like one item Dog Collar [DC] (parent) and then when you click on it an option for a drop down box, radio button etc which links to the various colour/size (children).

Unfortunately, I have to to be able to link them in Prestashop otherwise the sync from Erply (my inventory program) will not work and keep the items up to date. 

Please contact me if you require further information, or know of a module that already exists.

Thanks,

Jade

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

Did you find a solution for this? I also need this kind of functionality. I will sync Prestashop with our ERP-system and the products will be imported in Prestashop as separate products. I will need to make combinations from this single products.

Any ideas would be of interest.

Not yet.  It's so frustrating.

Do you also use Erply?

I realised the other day that when it syncs back to Erply, it creates new products for all of the child items.  So this version of aligning products may not actually work for me.  I need to fix up the syncing issues in the inventory sync module rather than a manual fix at the Prestashop end.

Feel free to send me a private message & keep me up to date with your progress