Selling and updating process

emoes

Hello,

My name is Alex and very new with Prestashop.

I have already a lot of lessons learned from all you here on the forum.

Now our web shop is up and running www.decosweet.nl/shop and would like to know what the normal way of working is (process) in Prestashop.

What I have done is the following:

Created a CSV file with all the products in it, including the location of the original picture. (temp folder in the root)

Then I do an upload and the products are in the webshop including 1 or more images.

This all is working.

I like working with the CSV file instead of updating product by product.

I have some questions regarding this:

• I leave the original pictures also on the webserver, but can I remove (delete) those from that location once the import is done?
  • What will happen when I do the upload again and the original pictures are gone from the temp location?
  • Sometime I would like to do a “SALE” price (Discount), I change the CSV file again and do the upload but is this the right way of doing that?
  • All out products are unique, so only 1 available. Should I remove (delete) the product when it is solved or has this effect on order history for my customers? Or “is there an archive function?
  • The easiest way for me would be an Export from the products in the same format as the import so I always know for sure the product list is up to date (now I can forget deleting a sold product from the CSV file)

So I’m looking to make my process of selling easy as possible.

Thanks for your reaction.

Alex

Hello all,

Please help me out.

My first important question is what to do when the last product is sold and not coming back.

If the last product is sold, the "order" button is greyed out, so that is OK.
My customers cannot order that product again. So that is good.

Should I mark the product(s) as not visible, or should I delete the product(s) or is that also the order history form my customers gone?

Kind regards,

Alex