Undefined error in 1.5.6.1 when uploading product images and errors with csv

J_Nine

I've tried uploading product images using the upload button and I get an undefined error. I've checked the forums and some posts mention MOD_security must be disabled but Godaddy replied:

"We have thoroughly reviewed this and found PrestaShop itself is triggering our security software and blocking the upload request. This is because PrestaShop is trying to POST to incredibly long URLs with an unsupported amount of characters. On the back end this ends up being significantly longer. I regret to inform you that we are unable to make adjustments to the server to allow this as doing so compromises the security of the entire server. You will need to work with PrestaShop in order to find a way to reduce the size of the URLs and use Characters that don't appear to be malicious." And they provided an example they tested which I can send by PM.

So then I tried using a CSV file in order to upload the images and I get the following:

2 errors

1.No Name (ID: No ID) cannot be saved

2.Property Product->name is empty

Rewrite link for (ID: null) was re-written as friendly-url-autogeneration-failed.

I also notice that only 9 records show in the "View your data" section whereas I have 11 products.

Please help and thanks in advance for your expertise!

post-738947-0-97130000-1387689242_thumb.jpeg

Edited by J_Nine (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Same error here. Clean installation 404 error and with FileUploader modified, 501, as ibentje.

I readed about one possibility is a long legend, but I'm trying over Ipod Nano test product, and checked image properties too, and I'm trying to upload a 94x55 with 12KB JPEG file

Try out Prestashop Manager for 30 days that simplifies this task. I had major issues myself uploading and had to result to using that to make it work.

Could be an option, but don't see as a solution. What happen after this 30 days? And I need a Windows machine too.

Could be an option, but don't see as a solution. What happen after this 30 days? And I need a Windows machine too.

Software is about £250 so you would need a license, however, its an all in one suite to help you manage your shop. So you can do mass product changes such as pricing, description editing, mass import and export, database back ups etc. Prestashops back end is too stone age if im brutally honest. What i did in 7 days in the back office i did in 1 hour in the software. Its an investment but it will serve you in the long run. If you are like me that gets regular CSVs from suppliers, then its your best option. It alienates alot of problems that are currently wrong with Prestashop at present.

Edited by mubeen.xjr (see edit history)