set min/max product availability? help

Hi everybody.

I have a problem setting availability of a product, because i need to set a product as single one price, but it is sold minimal 3 pieces each, and limit the maximum amout per order.

I set on backoffice on product, quantity tab, i set the Setting Availability to 3 pieces, but if it is on, the system all the time puts on the cart 3 pieces also if you select 5 or 6 or any amount.

I need that works this way. you detemine the minimal pices to be sold per order, so if yo select less that the minimal the system puts you on the cart  minimum pieces, but if you select more pieces, the system puts the number of pieces tha you select, unless yo select more pieces that are stablished on the maximum number.

Also i need that the system tell to the customer that is a minimal and maximal amount of pieces per order.

I was searching on the web, but i don't find any module that does what i want.

Only find a french module, that really don't give too much information of the way that it work and is a high cost module.

I was trying to modify the code, but i'm not too experimented programer, i find a spanish post in other forum that tells you how to modify the product.tpl and what to do to the database. So im tring to make the modifications.

I was running on prestashop 1.5.3.1, i upgrade to the 1.5.6.1. I thought that the problem was solved upgrading, but it don't.

If any one find the solution this problem, please let me know. i'll apreciate too much.

Thanks

Jorge M

Mexico.

Edited by jorgemmcc (see edit history)