After massive product import, saving product updates in BO isn't always working

Hi All,

I have a 1.5.4.1 version.

I have recently done a massive (17k) product update in 35 different CSV files. (Not all products needed updating, there are 20k+ products in total.)

I took the care of doing them one by one and addressing any errors that occurred, then imported that file again so all products and files imported without errors.

But since I have done this, I am finding that when I edit a product and click 'save & stay' I am taken out of the product screen and landed back on the product lists screen!

Also it isn't always doing it for each info I update. I.E. Product name, category, image etc.

Some times if I update a product and mark it as 'On sale', it will save and keep me on the product screen, other times it won't save and I will be on the prod list screen and the update hasn't saved.

If I update a product reference, it will usually save but not always.

And if I try to mark a special discount for a time period, it just won't save at all.

I have downloaded all ps_product... tables as CSV to see if any data was out of place, but each table looked perfectly formed.

Before the update, the site was functioning just fine.

Since this hasn't had an impact of the front end of the shop, it has taken some time for me to notice this behaviour. And as a result, I have had a number of new customers and orders, so I can't revert back to a database version from before the backup!

Does anyone have any advice or ideas as to what the problem might be?

I am a little worried, as I have put 100's of hours into this and it seems this little issue is stopping any progress.

Regards,

Neller