Friendly URLs doesn't work in 1.5.6.0 Why?

Saulevas

Hi everyone at Presta Forums.

I recently started building my e-store on PrestaShop 1.5.6.0 and encourtered a problem when I tried to set up Friendly URLs (in SEO and URLs tab). The message there says "URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server, or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs, you must activate this mod". However if I turn it on afterall then basicaly all pages I try to get to says "Page not available". I don't believe that my server doesn't support friendly urls because I have two websites on the same server build with Joomla and all I had to do to have friendly urls was to rename the .htaccess file (and turn this option in the administrators panel).

What am I missing here on PrestaShop? Where am I supposed to activate mod_rewrite?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Saul

This is a false positive ... In fact if you read the message carrefully it just state that it cannot check if mod_rewrite is or not present on the system. Ignore it

Activate it, check your .htacces is writable by Prestashop, regenerate it, it should work

This is a false positive ... In fact if you read the message carrefully it just state that it cannot check if mod_rewrite is or not present on the system. Ignore it

Activate it, check your .htacces is writable by Prestashop, regenerate it, it should work

Hi Doeka,

thank you for your input. This seems to work just fine! I noticed a few mistakes I left while configuring multilanguage description so now I fixed them and everything works like a charm!

Thank you.

Regards

Saul