How to install SSL in Prestashop?

nos879

I have managed to create the csr and what not and get my certificate, and now there is a certificate in the root folder of my directory (eg. www.bags.com) my store is (eg. www.bags.com/store). But anyways, when I enable SSL through prestashop I get this error.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

It is highly unlikely that this is a Prestashop related error (unless you hardcoded port 80 in the URL used in the config file).

It sounds more like you have something messed up in your httpd.conf file for Apache. It just happens that when PrestaShop tries to send you to the secure URL you are encountering the problem with your Apache configuration. Most likely you have an incorrect VirtualHost line(s) that is causing unencrypted traffic to appear on the wrong port.

Cheers

Sorry but I do not have enough information here to be specific. If you are on a shared hosting provider, you should be talking to their support department for assistance. If you are running Apache locally on a machine of your own, you will need to refer to the Apache docs for instructions on how to configure httpd.conf for SSL enabled hosts. Configuration can vary widely depending on the situation . . .

The main thing is that you need to make sure that you are not doing:

Instead you need to have so that your normal server only listens to port 80. Then you have setup the SSL server on 443 (the standard SSL port).

This is all somewhat off-topic though as this not a PrestaShop problem (at least not with the details you have provided so far).

An example URL would help.

Cheers