CSV Import Procedures Help Please

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help, i have three questions:

1) When i import a CSV how does prestashop handle missing fields?

eg. if i choose to fill in only name on a CSV import?

Are any of the missing fields automatically generated?

A less silly example, if i leave the visibility field blank, what does it default too?

In this regard, what are all the defaults when left blank?

2) After a CSV file is uploaded does it just directly insert the values into the database, or does it trigger any other kinds of post-processing ie. does it alter any other fields than the specific values/fields in the csv?

3) In 1.6 the csv export shows the description fields as showing "<p>New design.</p>", where have these fields moved too?

Edited by systemnova (see edit history)

There are a few fields that are required so you can't just fill in the name. The other fields have default values that are used if you leave the field blank. The default value for visibility is visible. Once the csv is uploaded the data are stored in the database.

Hi Can u please let me know what version of prestashop you are using ?

I've got two prestashop instances 1.5 and 1.6

Do the defaults change from version to version?

There are a few fields that are required so you can't just fill in the name. The other fields have default values that are used if you leave the field blank. The default value for visibility is visible. Once the csv is uploaded the data are stored in the database.

Do you know what the other defaults are, other than visibility?

1.6 is alpha version so I have not tested on it yet.

When i import a CSV how does prestashop handle missing fields?

eg. if i choose to fill in only name on a CSV import?

Are any of the missing fields automatically generated?

Except Product Name no other field is a required field so there is no need to worry about missing fields. If you did not give then there are no default values.

2) After a CSV file is uploaded does it just directly insert the values into the database, or does it trigger any other kinds of post-processing ie. does it alter any other fields than the specific values/fields in the csv?

Once you upload the CSV file you will have the option to map the fields in the CSV file to the prestashop fields. Something like this :

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/4h50p/1ao2

• Like 1