Combinations Not Adding To Cart or Submitting To Order

As the topic title suggests, a website I am working on has a category called gift sets. The gift sets have a product with multiple combinations. (I had to set it up this way because I did not want to pay for an expensive module to allow me to use existing inventoried products in a pack with combinations.) When you select the three combinations, it only adds one to the checkout. What's the problem? Any ideas? I tried deleting cache/index_cache or whatever. <--this was a suggestion on a post I found as I researched this problem.

http://healthycleo.com/prestashop

Edited by ethicaldesign (see edit history)

Hi ethicaldesign,

Having found my way to your site (the link in your post doesn't work), the gift sets don't have any stock so I can't see what actually gets added to the cart.

My suspicion is that you haven't got the combinations set up in the way that Prestashop expects. If you want customers to be able to choose any combination of the 3 scents, it means you need to have set up a total of 14x14x14=2744 different combinations for that product, either manually(!) of via the combination generator.

If you just want to set the 14 scents up for each of the 3 choices and have the combination created dynamically, I'm afraid you'll need to get a custom module (maybe Attribute Wizard) to do that.

Cheers, Dave

Thank you Dave. So in the combinations generator would I clear what I already have, then select each scent (14 X 3) = 42 scents to add and tell it to generate combinations with the 42 scents? I just want it to appear like I have it, but add it to the cart. I have added inventory to the items so you can add them to the cart. 

http://healthycleo.com/prestashop

The combinations generator will automatically clear out any existing combinations for the product.

Before using the generator, you should have all 14 scents set up as attribute values for each of the 3 attributes Scent 1, Scent 2 and Scent 3.

When you start the generator, there will be a list of all attributes and their values. Select the 42 values listed under the 3 scent attributes, then click Add. I assume there will be no impact on price or weight.

You will also need to think about stock levels, as each of the possible 2,744 combinations will have its own stock level. So if you set the initial quantity for each combination to 1, say, and someone buys a set with a particular combination of scents, the next time someone tries to buy that same combination, it will show as out of stock. I don't know how you will be managing the physical stock of these scents.

Once you have entered the default quantity, click Generate these Combinations. 2,744 is pretty close to the limit I've seen quoted for the number of combinations Prestashop can handle per product, so it may struggle a bit.

Anyway, the best thing is to try this out in your test store and see what you think.

Thanks, Dave