PayPal 3.6.1. (Europe) - Express Checkout in English instead of local language

awmawm

I am posting this as a new topic because another topic I posted a message is flagged as "SOLVED" even though it is not for me and at least another user.

Problem: Despite having Prestashop installed in the local language (German) and the default language set as German, PayPal Express Checkout is in English for local buyers with computer language set to German. This is causing potential buyers to abandon the cart.

As it was suggested in some previous threads about this topic, I attempted unsuccessfully various ways to force PayPal to open in German; this is one of the threads:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/233060-paypal-express-checkout-in-wrong-language/

I attempted to resolve the situation with PayPal directly but they tell me that they do not support code from third parties and referred me to the Prestashop forum. One hint they gave me was the following:

============================================
Action to take: Add a LC Variable:
----------------------------------------------
e.g. <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="xx_XX">
----------------------------------------
allowed:

en_US en_GB fr_XC ja_JP pt_BR tr_TR
da_DK es_XC he_IL nl_NL ru_RU xp_EA
de_DE fr_CA id_ID no_NO sv_SE zh_CN
en_AU fr_FR it_IT pl_PL th_TH zh_HK
=============================================

Hence, my questions are:

- In which file and on what line do we need to add above "LC variable"?

- Who is the person in charge at Prestashop for the European PayPal Module 3.6.1. (he/she might shed some light on this very problematic situation.

• 1 year later...

I am posting this as a new topic because another topic I posted a message is flagged as "SOLVED" even though it is not for me and at least another user.

Problem: Despite having Prestashop installed in the local language (German) and the default language set as German, PayPal Express Checkout is in English for local buyers with computer language set to German. This is causing potential buyers to abandon the cart.

As it was suggested in some previous threads about this topic, I attempted unsuccessfully various ways to force PayPal to open in German; this is one of the threads:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/233060-paypal-express-checkout-in-wrong-language/

I attempted to resolve the situation with PayPal directly but they tell me that they do not support code from third parties and referred me to the Prestashop forum. One hint they gave me was the following:

============================================

Action to take: Add a LC Variable:

----------------------------------------------

e.g. <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="xx_XX">

----------------------------------------

allowed:

en_US en_GB fr_XC ja_JP pt_BR tr_TR

da_DK es_XC he_IL nl_NL ru_RU xp_EA

de_DE fr_CA id_ID no_NO sv_SE zh_CN

en_AU fr_FR it_IT pl_PL th_TH zh_HK

=============================================

Hence, my questions are:

- In which file and on what line do we need to add above "LC variable"?

- Who is the person in charge at Prestashop for the European PayPal Module 3.6.1. (he/she might shed some light on this very problematic situation.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Did you fix it?

Thanks

Angela