Shipping Cost add up based on shipping by weight

Hi Guys,

Kindly guide me in this regard, The shipping is based on weight so I have assigned different weights to different product according to their shipping cost, so when a buyer purchases multiple products the prestashop system should calculate and sum up all the shipping cost of different product on the order page but what it does is it selects the highest shipping value, iI have checked the back end and there is a option for "Out of range behavior" , when I disable this it removes the carrier. In short I want the cart to add up all the shipping values from different products on the order page. Is there some setting in the backed by which I can achieve this.

Hi,

Did you define the weight range and price range for your carriers. Once you define the weight range you can define fee for each weight range for the carrier. Then prestashop would calculate the shipping cost based on the weight range and apply the shipping cost.

Thanks for the reply , Yes I have defined the weight ranges and the fees with the each range , Prestashop calculates everything but on the order pag it does not some all the shipping values , such as if Product A shipping cost is 20$ based on it weight range and Product b Shipping cost is 30$ , rather adding the two cost , prestashop selects the 30$ , I want it to add sipping cost.

Assuming you are shipping the product as one package

Weight of Product A + Weight of Product B = Total Weight of the package.

Prestashop will take the total weight of the package and checks the weight range and applies the fee.

If you can give me link to your shop, i can take a look and hopefully give you a better suggestion.

Thanks

If you select a product let us say :if you go to the GPS Satelite Navigation and select any one product from Portable GPS category , iadd to the cart and go to the check out process select the shipping DSL , the cart will have the Product price and Shipping price which will be correct , again go to an other category Vehicle trackers and select a product from the category add it to the cart , on the check out page select the shipping for this product , now rather than adding both shipping together , it will select the highest shipping rate from the both, I want the the cart to add the shipping of both the products rather than selecting the highest rate.

Thanks Mate

Hi,

I think I know exactly where the problem is .

You added shipping cost for each product is that right ?

I'd suggest not to do that. Shipping cost of each product is for additional cost. I suggest you remove the shipping cost and add its weight instead.

This is what I did :

• The weight of iPod Nano I set as 0.500 kg
  • In the Shipping I added a carrier with 2 ranges : 0kg - 2kg and 2kg - 10kg
  • I set the price of 0-2kg as 10$ and I set the price of 2kg - 10kg as 20$.
  • When I checked out I added 1 iPod Nano and the shipping cost was 10$
  • I increased the quantity to 5 (which gives a total weight of 2.5kg) and I got shipping cost as 20$
  • So instead of adding shipping cost for each product, I suggest you add the weight (since you are chargin based on weight). After that you configure the weight range fee.

Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

hello

I have the same problem, my shipping is add up.

I have 3 carriers.

1. letter, weight 0.001, price 69 Skr
2, COD, weight 1, price 200 Skr
3, Company package, weight 1000, price 595 Skr

I add the same weigth to the products.

But if i add 1 and 2 the pice goes 269 Skr and I see both payments.
I whant only to se COD price 200 Skr

And if i add all 3 the shipping goes to 855,00 Skr and the right shoude be 595 Skr And prepayment.
now i see all 3 payment.

PLEASE hope you can help me.-.....