Checkout Errors - Collection and Paypal

www.fazex.co.uk using PS 1.5.4.1

So I just noticed yesterday I have some checkout problems that I did not have before.

Firstly I have the option to pick up orders in store.  This gives the user the option to pay by paypal or cash on collection (using the cash on delivery module, just changed the name).  When the user selects cash on collection they get taken to the final page to confirm their order.  Once they click 'confirm my order' they are then presented with a blank page.  I receive the order in the back office fine, and they also get the emails sent saying they have placed the order however this is not exactly ideal.  The user will not be sure if the order has been placed or not.

I also got contacted from a customer yesterday who had an error appear when they paid through paypal to have an order delivered.  They received the paypal email fine saying the order had been paid, and I am assuming they had the email from the shop also.  When I asked them if they remember what the error was they said

'It was a massive list of info, like my name, address, what I ordered, the time and loads of other stuff.  At the very top is said to try and contact you'.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of an error like this before?  As I am not sure exactly what is wrong.

Apart from adding new products the only changes have been that we attempted to move to a VPS from shared, however that got cancelled and we moved back to shared.  None of the shared hosting files were changed so I doubt this could be the cause.

Actually my host changed something in my htaccess file.  Could it be to do with this?  I have also just noticed logging out does not work properly.  They stay signed in.  Also my orders in the back office do not update without me having to use CTRL + F5, a normal refresh doesn't work...

Thanks for your help folks.

Edited by Emzo (see edit history)