Tax settings - tax only at checkout

Hello.   

I'm using a combination of prestashop and prestashop Store Manager and I'm try to change the tax settings with 2 problems.

1.  I'm try to figure out how I can apply taxes only at check out. I want the catalog price to show no taxes, but at checkout if the buyer is from my home state I would like them to be taxed at our local rate.

2. Another issue I've run into is that my front office does not show my updates to any tax settings unless I create a new product.  And even then once I modify that product with Store Manager it Doesn't show the tax anymore (although if I look at the product pricing it still shows that it is being taxed, in both prestashop and store manager.) 

its as if the changes don't write over the previous settings on the front office side.

I have already populated my store with products and figured this would be an easy step (set the tax rate for check out based on state) it has proved otherwise. 

Things I've done:

I have changed the group settings to include taxes and set the cart to show taxes and applied a tax to the products I've be trying to work with.

I do have these warnings

post-722131-0-79749400-1385498360_thumb.jpgpost-722131-0-77687600-1385498357_thumb.jpgpost-722131-0-05933900-1385498419_thumb.jpg

Edited by TrackTimeMotorsports (see edit history)

Hello!
Concerning first point you have mentioned, go to Store Manager > Customers and Groups section, double click at Guests group and select a desired Price display method: http://screencast.com/t/e17T3bFyG

As for the second issue you have faced, we need to check it with more details with our techs, since the reasons of such behavior can be various. So we need to investigate it more deeply. Please, send us request here -
http://support.emagicone.com/submit_ticket 

When the problem is solved we will post solution here also for other users who faced similar issue to check it.