Need help with CSV Import.

ok i am able to import most of the data. However, some of my data such as the manufacturer cannot be seen when arranging the columns. why is this? also when saving from excel to csv i only have the option to save as csv deliminated or csv ms dos. which should i choose?

Not sure if you are falling into the same problem that I had, but I wrongly assumed that the 1st line in my CSV file, DEFINED the fields!

This is NOT the case! They are there purely to aid the admin so that he can manually select the correct field mapping, using the drop-down fields. Once this is matched, the configuration mapping can be save to a file and then Loaded during the next import.

Does this help?

i actually got that part right. but for some reason the first column does not show up at all. i have thus saved the excel file as csv ms-dos and now it shows up. now i cant get the product price to import. i'm beginning to think the entire csv file i got from the supplier is corrupt. im trying to figure a way to fix this file.

Perhaps I can ask you to help with a question for me? I am very new to Prestashop. :)

I can't find where to change the shop details that show in the gray/black footer of the standard template, under CONTACT US. I have edited all the shop details, but they have no effect on this. Thanks in advance,

Thanks George! You are a legend, have a virtual beer on me :)

Back to CSV; I found that the exported CSV was not much good to use as a starting point, so I am constructing one from scratch for my shop. Let us know if you fix your problem.

Good luck...