Help needed with Attributes and Values

I am trying to setup some attributes and values for a couch manufacturing company website.

I need 2 possible Materials to be chosen from (either dropdown list or radio buttons)

• Fabric
  • Leather

If the customer choose "Fabric", the Colour attribute should show only options A, B, C and D

.. but if the customer choose "Leather", the Colour attribute should show options W, X, Y and Z

I need these options to be selectef on the Product page ... see here .. if you select "Fabric" under the "Material" drop-down, you should get 4 different textures (under colour) to choose from ... but when you select "Leather", you should get 3 other options (under colour)

Hope I'm making sense

Indeed you are, and it's the same idea with the cars. If you have a dropdown for Make and select e.g. Toyota, then the dropdown for Models would only contain Camry, Corolla, Yaris, etc. Choose Ford as the Make and the only Models in the list would be Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, etc. 

The thread I linked to has some code in it which will achieve this method of narrowing your selection. I don't know if this can be cloned for use in your product page and be triggered in some way when the attribute to be displayed is 'Material'. It would need someone with much greater technical knowledge than me to advise on the ease of doing that.

Cheers, Dave

Thanks for the effort Dave ... I understand what you are saying, but unfortunately I don't have the technical knowledge myself to edit the code to do this.

I really need to be able to show different textures/colours for the 2 different types of Material (Fabric or Leather)

Anyone else with an ideas?