Cart not updating shipping price. Please help?

Hi, I have made some basic customizations to PS (i am barely code savvy) and seem to have most of it running ok. I have one problem I can't seem to figure out. I offer free shipping for orders over $20, and on the cart display page, I can choose a shipping option and the cart will update the ship price except if I change to a free shipping option. The cart does not update the shipping to show FREE, i.e. a zero charge. If I change the quantity of items in my basket with the + button so as to go over the $20, the price and totals update, but not the ship charge. It stays the same unless changed to another ship cost > 0, or refresh the page and then it shows correctly. My site is at http://organicsmanufacturer.com (live.) I have scoured everywhere looking for a reason for this. Could anyone suggest where I might look for a solution please? Why would the update work except for updating a zero value to show free shipping? I have tried with and without ajax turned on. I have only made cosmetic changes to the default theme. I finally unhooked the cart block from the cart summary page because it doesn't update shipping either. Please help me figure out how to get this working, it is a big bug I can't solve and making me crazy. Thanks to all.

So I added the cart block back to the cart summary page and now the free shipping will update on the main portion of the cart (in the middle) but still will not update in the cart block on the right column without a refresh. Am I missing a hook somewhere? I have the cart block hooked to the page header and the right side block.  If I remove the cart block from the right side, the middle section stops updating again. Where else does the cart block need to be hooked to have it all work properly? How do I get the cart block to work fully? I notice if there is a tax charge, the cart block total updates for the product line totals but not shipping or the total with tax, and there is no tax line showing in the cart block even though I have it set to show in cart. Any suggestions please?

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...