Problem with cookies on 1.5.6

Hi there,

After struggling a couple of days trying everything I could find on the Web to solve my issue, I have to ask for some advice to the Prestashop community!

We just upgraded a customer from a 1.3.2 release to 1.5.6. It went fine, but I thought you might need this info in order to help me anyway! 

Although the upgrade went fine, we realized very close to launch that actually, it is not really possible to log in for a customer. The issue was reported on releases prior to 1.5.3, with a fix which is still there in 1.5.6. However we have a very similar issue and I would really appreciate some help!

The issue we have is as follows:

- The customer adds a product to his cart

- He proceeds to check out

- BANG! An "Empty cart" yellow message is shown.

Another way to have an issue :

- Browse the site

- Refresh the page

- BANG! You have to log in again

It does not always happen, I was able to complete a few orders - at some point I even thought we solved the problem. I tried with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, on different computers, clearing cache and cookies. That didn't help.

We investigated a few possibilities :

- A bug in our .htaccess 

- A configuration issue with caching and stuff (oh dear we love Prestashop's caching mecanism :P)

We really tried all solutions we could find on the web regarding this issue and would really appreciate if someone could have a look and give me some ideas of what to do next!

You can try to reproduce the problem to understand what it is :

http://new.cigarestore.fr

There's a username/password to access the site : 12345, password : 54321

To log in, use : [email protected] and 54321 again as a password.

Try to place an order, as soon as you get to the delivery address, you know you'll be fine.

I'm very confused, so many thanks in advance for your help! Let me know if I can provide some additional info.

Thanks again for your tips, we're stuck!

Best regards,

Xavier

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there,

After struggling a couple of days trying everything I could find on the Web to solve my issue, I have to ask for some advice to the Prestashop community!

We just upgraded a customer from a 1.3.2 release to 1.5.6. It went fine, but I thought you might need this info in order to help me anyway! 

Although the upgrade went fine, we realized very close to launch that actually, it is not really possible to log in for a customer. The issue was reported on releases prior to 1.5.3, with a fix which is still there in 1.5.6. However we have a very similar issue and I would really appreciate some help!

The issue we have is as follows:

- The customer adds a product to his cart

- He proceeds to check out

- BANG! An "Empty cart" yellow message is shown.

Another way to have an issue :

- Browse the site

- Refresh the page

- BANG! You have to log in again

It does not always happen, I was able to complete a few orders - at some point I even thought we solved the problem. I tried with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, on different computers, clearing cache and cookies. That didn't help.

We investigated a few possibilities :

- A bug in our .htaccess 

- A configuration issue with caching and stuff (oh dear we love Prestashop's caching mecanism :P)

We really tried all solutions we could find on the web regarding this issue and would really appreciate if someone could have a look and give me some ideas of what to do next!

You can try to reproduce the problem to understand what it is :

http://new.cigarestore.fr

There's a username/password to access the site : 12345, password : 54321

To log in, use : [email protected] and 54321 again as a password.

Try to place an order, as soon as you get to the delivery address, you know you'll be fine.

I'm very confused, so many thanks in advance for your help! Let me know if I can provide some additional info.

Thanks again for your tips, we're stuck!

Best regards,

Xavier

Exactly same problem , im using 1.5.6.1 , no proper answer not in the web not here , some of them saying it is becuz of  hosting , some of them saying .htaccess and bla bla bla .

so first thing i contact with some host provider and paid them , the configured my server from A to Z , no change

before configuring server i did all the way ppl said in forum non of not worked . 

In some browser sometimes working and sometimes not working .

iPad : Safari 

iMac : Safari , chrome , firefox 

Win 8 : safari , chrome , firefox 

most interesting is , this issue come up random , some time in all browser and machine can loging and sometimes when u can login on iMac to can not loging on Windows (really nice)

THE CUSTOMER MUST BE CLEAR BROWSER CACHE AND COOKIES TO ABLE TO LOGING AGAIN OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT ABLE TO LOGIN ANYMORE

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem and I found that is because the prestashop .htaccess. Without any URL rewriting everything works just fine, but If I enable them ... nothing works : basket, authentification, order, nothing.

Also if I enable URL rewriting, then all my links with WWW don't work, I go to 404 page... Do you have found how to fix this issue?

• 2 months later...