Configuring VAT for use with PayPal

Hello.

I hope someone can help...

Our shop is based in the UK and is VAT registered. VAT appears to be working on the site, except when it comes to checking out using PayPal.

The customer goes through the checkout process seeing the correct amounts and is then redirected to PayPal and is charged the correct TOTAL amount. There is however no mention of VAT on any of the PayPal screens.

When the customer confirms their order, they are then redirected back to our Prestashop site - where the order confirmation screen displays the order total with VAT added a second time - which really confuses our customers!

I have set up a domestic UK VAT rate within PayPal. 

Viewing the completed transactions in PayPal shows them being the correct total amount, but with zero VAT on them.

I'm guessing I've not configured Prestashop correctly, so it's not passing the VAT on the order to PayPal correctly, and then it's getting confused when it returns to Prestashop upon order completion.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get VAT to show on the PayPal invoices and to stop VAT being added a second time on the order confirmation screen within Prestashop?

Thanks,

Chris

• 7 months later...