Theme modification possibilities?

Hi,

I'm new to PrestaShop and while I'm comfortable with the Backoffice adaptabilities, I can't seem to find a front office theme that suits our company's requirements. Our webstore needs to be integrated into a very information rich website with a equal focus on selling product, building brand awareness, and providing information to consumers and medical professionals .

Our product categories and offerings will be limited. After considerable market research, we have almost completed a fully developed prototype of the information component of our site that incorporates what we would like our site to look like and how it interacts with our customers. The site was developed using Freeway Softpress. See test.advancedbarefoot.com.

Before going any further we are looking to integrate a compatible webstore with appropriate Backoffice capabilities. With this in mind we are in the process of evaluating PrestaShop.

As I see it, we have two options:

Option 1. - Use the prototype site as the information component with two-way links between the Freeway site and a suitably modified  Prestashop Front Shop using a sub domain such as shop.advancedbarefoot.com. We would have to have identical headers, menus, etc. and footers for both with the related links, as well as buy now links throughout the Freeway pages to the Prestashop store.

Option 2. - Completely modify an appropriate PrestaShop template with the appropriate front shop modules (as may be required) to match the front end design and functionality of the Freeway site.

I'm trying to determine whether either of these options is feasible and if so what would be the preferred route to go for someone with no code writing skills (i.e., easiest to customize). Freeway writes all the code for me, I just focus on the design and function.

After reviewing a significant number of the PrestaShop templates, I haven't found anything close to the look and function of our Freeway site. There appears to be Front Shop modules that may allow for the customization required, but there is no way for me to test and evaluate anything before we buy. There also seems to be more than one module that does the same thing which adds to my confusion.

Can anyone with more experience than I, please let me know if what I'm trying to do is feasible and, if so, some guidance on the preferred option, template, and modules?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Regards.

Roy